Computer Workstation - CE marking of ATEX EEx p equipments
This article is addressed to the manufacturers or integrators of equipments subjected to be operated in hazardous or classified areas and protected by purge and pressurization .
To comply with the directive 94/CE ATEX applicable from July 2004 a CE Type attestation delivered by a body certification office must involve not only the purge and pressure monitor used but as well the complete equipment protected .
In other way and in order for the manufacturer to be authorized marking CE his material ( this is mandatory for Europe destination ) the integration of all parts related to safety must be realized by participant whose quality system has been notified 94/09/CE ATEX EExp .
Today OPTA-PERIPH offers customers:
- The supply of the Purge and Pressure Monitor LCS certified by CE type attestation according to the directive 94/09/CE ATEX for the Group II 2 G – Component certification -.
- The certification service for the customer to get the CE type attestation according to the directive 94/09/CE ATEX for the Group II 2G of the complete equipment .- Compound certification .
- The integration (locally or in works) of all parts of equipment related to safety under quality procedure notified 94/09/CE ATEX EEx p .
Thus , customer will be authorized using the CE mark in compliance with the directive ATEX EEx p.
If a product line is involved a procedure of assistance is set-up with customer .
Among the most current ATEX EEx p applications:
- Electrical motors with air-air or air-water cooling
- Gas or liquid analysers
- Computer workstations
- Air conditioning and chillers
- Electrical or instrument cabinets