Purge system EEx np EN 50021
EC marking of Purging and Pressurization ATEX EEx p equipments
This article is addressed to the manufacturers or integrators of equipments subjected to be operated in hazardous or classified areas and protected by purging and pressurization .
To comply with the directive 94/EC ATEX applicable from July 2003 a EC Type examination Certificate issued by a notified body must involve not only the purge and pressure monitor used but as well the complete equipment protected .
In other way and in order for the manufacturer to be authorized marking EC his material ( this is mandatory for Europe destination ) the integration of all parts related to safety must be realized by participant whose quality system has been notified 94/09/EC ATEX EEx p .
Today OPTA-PERIPH proposes to its customers:
- The supply of the Purging and Pressurization Monitor LCS Certified by EC type attestation according to the directive 94/09/EC ATEX for the Group II 2 G – Component Certification -.
- The Certification service for the customer to get the EC type attestation according to the directive 94/09/EC ATEX for the Group II 2G of the complete equipment .- Compound Certification .
- The integration (locally or in works) of all parts of equipment related to safety under quality procedure notified 94/09/EC ATEX EEx p .
Thus , customer will be authorized using the EC mark in compliance with the directive ATEX EEx p.
If a product line is involved a procedure of assistance is set-up with customer .
Among the most current ATEX EEx p applications:
- Purging and Pressurization of Electrical motors with air-air or air-water cooling
- Purging and Pressurization of Gas or liquid analysers
- Purging and Pressurization of Computer workstations
- Purging and Pressurization of Air conditioning and chillers
- Purging and Pressurization of Electrical or instrument cabinets
- Purging and Pressurization of Printers